Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hump Day's Hot Topic: The Squeeze on Lemons...

Have you ever been to a restaurant and the server asks, "Would you like lemon in your water?" To which you respond politely, "No thanks."  Well, think again peeps, before tossing that perfectly sliced, juicy lemon aside. Thanks to my awesome sister and our conversation about these lovely little nuggets, I will never underestimate these beauties again. I've listed a few of the health benefits that will have you ordering a double shot of sour for your otherwise tasteless water.  

1. Lemons with an abundance of vitamin C, help to boost your immune system.

2. Aids in digestion...I'll save you the gory details:)

3. Flawless skin is something we all aspire, am I right? Lemon water helps to release toxins from our blood which helps clear skin. Also, with all that vitamin C packed in a squeeze, will help reduce wrinkles and blemishes.

4. Lemon water is a natural diuretic which helps to flush out nasty toxins from the body.

*Dr. OZ suggests making a chemical peel with 1 cup of water, 2tsp of lemon and 1TBS of Brandy applied directly to the face for exfoliation. I can't wait to try this. Let me know what you think!

5. Everyone knows that water hydrates our bodies, but adding lemon can help to boost your energy too. Bonus! I can feel it pumpin already!

6. There is a little thing called Pectin Fiber, yeah I've never heard of it either, but this lovely addition in this delectable fruit, helps to ward off hunger. I'll give that a double squeeze!

Recently, since jumping on the sour water band wagon, I juice half of a lemon in an 8oz glass of water to kick start my morning in a healthy way.

Who is with me??  Pucker up friends and get to squeezin!




No comments:

Post a Comment