Tuesday, October 27, 2015

To my little girl...

Dear Sophie,

From the second I saw the butterfly wings dance to the very beat of your heart on the monitor, began a love like I had never known.

Over the next nine months you and I grew together.  You developed tiny hands to one day hold mine and little feet that I would one day hear tip toeing across the floor.  I gained strength that only becoming a Mother can teach you. I continued to create a safe haven for you to be comfortable in, providing you nourishment, anticipating the day I could hold you in my arms and see your beautiful face for the first time.

We spent every day together. We took long walks down the Fox River in St. Charles where Mommy worked and we had picnics on my lunch break at the park.  At times we would sit quietly listening to the beautiful sounds of Mozart and Bach in my car between client meetings.

And most of the time, after a long day at work, we would nap with one another.  My hands gently laying on your temporary home, it was the most at peace I had ever been and it was all because of you, my saving grace.

On August 18th, the day you were born, I felt a whirlwind of emotions.  I undoubtably felt pain, mixed in with fear and in the end when the nurse handed you to me I was consumed with love and joy.

I believe on that first day we met face to face, God had me feel all of this to introduce to me what Motherhood is really all about. At times I am fearful that I am not making the right decisions for you and it pains me when your feelings have been hurt at school. But most days, I feel an abundance of love and joy and those two things trump fear, hurt and even worry, every time.

I hope you always know how much you are loved and cherished my sweet girl.

Love,

Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment