Friday, June 19, 2015

Home alone...

         I am in my house for the first time all alone for 24 hours!  So many ideas ran through my mind when I first found out that my parents were picking up the kids and taking them to the lake and coincidentally my husband would be flying a 24 hour sim.  A few immediate ideas were taking care of Dr. appointments, getting a facial, going shopping, etc.  This question of what to do with the plethora of free time was to blame for one very sleepless night, on the eve all of them shuffling out the door.

        Now don't get me wrong Mom's need free time, I know this.  I definitely enjoy have a little time to get things done on my own, but did you catch that?  I said a LITTLE time.  I have never, I repeat Never had this much time alone since before I had Sophie.  To add to this, I have actually never been in my house without any of them for more that an hour tops!

        So when the morning came and went and our breakfast dishes lay messy in the sink, coffee cups on the counter and I stood there in silence for a moment, I knew it was time for me to decide, what on earth am I going to do for the next 24 hours???

This is what I came up with...
        I have been putting off touching up the scuff marks and finger prints all over our walls. No more procrastinating, it had to be done. (I want to warn you, never paint your walls in matte finish...I'm going to get all Taylor Swift on you, like ever)!
                                               
 The garden has been looking a bit unruly, time to get that under wraps with steel wire cages.
         Next task...hard water marks are never ending on the glass shower doors. Time to squash the residue with my magic erase sponge! Boom!
               Dinner time solo. Caprese salad for one please? I mean that fancy paper plate really adds a touch doesn't it? Sorry, I am not doing dishes tonight! Not going to do it!
               Later over wine and the movie Step Up, I went through the girls clothes and gathered some items to donate and in the morning ventured out to Show-Me Christian Youth Home for a tour and to drop off the items.  This place is inspiring and I am hoping to get our family involved asap.
            When I made it home, it was time to hit the hammer to the metal and work on orders for Stamp Haven.

            I followed this up with a leisurely jog, shower and I am expecting the hubby home any minute.

            Whoa! So there you have it. My time alone for 24 hours. It wasn't glamorous, but it was productive and I am more ready than ever to see my babies.  I miss the noise, the voices calling 'Mama' and fixing meals for them.

          What I learned most about this time alone is that one day I will have a quiet, tidy house because my littles will be all grown up, so for now bring on the pitter patter of those sweet little feet and the best hugs around my legs while I'm at the stove cooking!

        My babies I've missed you, it's time to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment