Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Tribute To My 20's...

I attended Eastern Illinois for 3 and a half years. I was a sophomore when I turned 20. What a great year! I lived in Lawson Hall and met some of my best friends still today. One being my roommate Cathy. That year I went on Spring break in Panama City, with Alicia and Jen and randoms we met when we got there. It was a trip to remember! My Junior year I turned 21. We celebrated like every other 21 year old did. We went to the bars we had been going to for about a year already, but since it was legal now it was that much cooler! I Graduated from Eastern with a bachelors degree in Speech Communication on December 19, 2001.
I missed dancing so much that I auditioned for the AFL team Chicago Rush. I made it out of 120 girls and I was living my dream dancing my heart out. With Tony starting in the NFL and me finding dance again, we couldn't make it work.
I met Ryan and thought he was, "The One." Wow, if I would have only known how all that would have turned out it could have saved many tears and years! Needless to say, I was married November 5, 2005 and filed for divorced in May 2007. Following this was what I like to call my "Growth Period." For as long as I can remember I have been searching. Searching for the best job, my break into entertainment, the perfect guy, what I want out of life, etc. During this "Growth Period" I found it. I found a job that made me happy for my abilities and educational background. I regained my relationship with God and prayed often about showing me why all this was happening. I started reading. I was more of an un-finisher when it came to books before, reading the first few chapters then tossing it aside. I even started running! Now, if you know me at all, I hate running. A few years ago I decided to do a 5k with Bre and Uncle Rod, I was sick the entire last mile! But for some reason during this time running was my escape. I ran everyday. I felt revived afterward and like I could do anything. I learned so much about myself in those couple of years and I needed that time to find myself. I found the courage to walk away from being unhappy, but it took walking away before I could ever have all that I am blessed to have now. I am proud of who I have become. Without the happiness and tough times that I have had, I wouldn't be the person I am now. I have so very much to be thankful for.
My biggest blessing came on August 18, 2008, Sophia Grace. Sophie is the best gift I have ever received. My family and friends have been my support and love through everything, always, no matter how much they agreed or disagreed with my decisions. I am so blessed to have each of you in my life. And Jake, he came along at the perfect time. I had found myself. I was happy and ready for a real relationship. I am thankful everyday that he came into my life when he did. I am ready to close this chapter in my life. My 30's are just beginning and I am excited to see all the happiness, love and memories it will bring.

8 comments:

  1. Happy 30th Birthday Tiffers!! I am so happy to have spent my 20's with you and I am sure our 30's will be just as great! I love and miss you and Soph!!! Shaun says Hi and Happy Birthday too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Smiff! Don't worry, the 30's will have just as many good memories as your 20's. I love you and miss you all tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff, during our 20's we shared a lot of laughs, good times, not so good times when you have to "drink through it", tears, love, and a great friendship. I hope this year marks a new chapter in our lives filled with great memories and new surprises! Here's to our 30's! Love and miss ya. P.S. I might start writing that book about all of us after all...it would sell millions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! I love and miss you all very much too. Yes the drinks helped us through many times! Ha! I am definitely thinking about writing a book one day...wow the stories that need to be told! I can't wait to add to all of our wonderful memories and I hope to see you all in June:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post... tons of amazing and hilarious memories throughout the past few years and TONS more to come in the next 30 and even more yet in the 30 after that... when we're old and gray sisters... love you so much and I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    Love you,
    sissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post made me tear up a little bit. I am so glad that things are going so well for you. Your next 30 years are going to be the best years of your lift.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Love,
    Your non-little sis (but I can borrow you sometimes since you have room in your heart)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (oops I meant life not lift....but maybe after another 30 years you will need a little "lift")...hahaha

    ReplyDelete