Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Easy Peasy Home Organizing...

As the warmth of summer hangs on by a thread, I find myself thinking of ways to organize my life before the school year begins.  I have been searching for something for a chalkboard/shelf combo for the wall near the garage door to write reminders on. I actually was impressed with all of the beautiful options on Etsy. I contemplated ordering one, but most of the pieces I liked cost upwards of $70 so before caving to online shopping,  I decided to try and be crafty attempting to make my own.  The chalkboard paint I bought was $3.99 at Hobby Lobby and the frame is an old one that the glass broke out of years ago and I almost tossed too many times to count, but I'm so glad I didn't.  I also found at Hobby Lobby a two tiered wooden shelf with rod iron details for sunglasses, wallets, keys, etc.  Pictures to come of it all hung up!  Ahhh...now for a glass of wine outside before the heat of the summer melts away and brings on the cool breeze of fall.





No comments:

Post a Comment