Friday, September 5, 2014

Friday's Favorite Quotes

"We derail our life journey again and again, backing up to try doors we neglected on the first time around desperate to get it right this time." Elizabeth Gilbert

"I'd finally come to understand what it had been:  a yearning for a way out, when actually what I had wanted to find was a way in." Cheryl Strayed, Wild

"I didn't feel happy or sad.  I didn't feel proud or ashamed.  I only felt that in spite of all the things I'd done wrong, in getting myself here, I'd done right."  Cheryl Strayed, Wild

"We are a product of our past, but we don't have to be a prisoner of it."  Rick Warren, A Purpose Driven Life

"The warmth from the sun shown bright making it’s existence known where I sat with my hands clasped in my lap, my shoulders shrugged.  Although, it was distant, I felt a spark of light within me, dim, yet I was aware of its presence.  The flame inside of me had not yet been extinguished, still dancing within, proving I still existed." 

No comments:

Post a Comment