Wednesday, December 16, 2015

A summary of my memoir 'Gift of Grace'

“What if I show up on your wedding day, will you still marry him?” 

Tony’s question haunted within as I stood with my beautiful white blusher veil delicately covering my freshly dolled up face.  I was twenty-six and marrying Ryan, the man I loved, but as I stood on the cement church steps, my body started to shake. Could I have been second-guessing the decision I had made when I said “Yes,” to Ryan while simultaneously saying farewell to Tony?

When we went our separate ways, I numbed the pain by collapsing hard into the arms of Ryan, the perfect charmer. Tony made attempts to change my mind, but I pressed on in my professional dance career. Determined not to live in his shadow as an NFL quarterback’s wife, I kept the hurt for him buried silent in my heart.

Meanwhile, complacency in the present had me desperately creeping back to my past with late night phone calls and an unexpected visit.  But when I arrived at my destination, I was too late to salvage what I had come for and consequently my marriage was ruined.

I wanted to run away. I dug deep into faith and began pleading for God to take over the tangled reigns of my life. God began a new work in me and by God's graces I was given the most precious life changing gift; a second chance.  

I trusted God with my future of the unknown and could feel His presence giving me confidence to embrace this new beginning and learn to grow in Him along the way.


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old is gone, the new is here!  2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment