Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A little ditty about me...


When did you start blogging, and why?
My blog commenced shortly after my oldest daughter Sophie was born. We adventured out of state when she was four months old and I wrote primarily for our family to watch Sophie grow and to be able to hear about our day. I also have always loved journaling. I love to read blogs and journal entries from my past and be carried back to a time and place in my life.
What are some of your favorite sites on the ‘net?
One of my absolute favorite sites is undoubtedly Pinterest. This little slice of heaven is my go to for everything crafty. Whether I need a quick fix for the house, entertainment for the kiddos or I am at a loss in the kitchen and in dire straights for a new recipe, I know I will be in good hands. And the icing on the cake…I can browse this lovely site all while sitting comfy in my PJ’s with a delicious glass of wine. Ahhhh bliss.
What does a typical day look like for you?
Coffee. That hot cup of Joe is how everyday begins over here. I would hate to see it any other way. I imagine if there was a morning we had no coffee, the kids would be pulling me out of bed and no one would be getting anywhere and absolutely nothing would be accomplished.  That said, we are off in the morning, picture Home Alone after they have slept in, yep it isn’t pretty. Two days a week my youngest little mooshie face, as we call her, Gia, goes to preschool for a couple hours and during that time, I complete orders for Stamp Haven, I write, get groceries, followed by more coffee and on to pick up my punkin (OK I’m realizing we have a lot of nicknames for our babies). On most nights, after everyone is home sweet home in the evening, we sit down for dinner together. We go around the table talking about our day and for the first time all day the four of us our sitting in one spot!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/StampHaven1

What advice would you give someone who wants to blog or share his/her story?

My answer in short is yes, write; write your heart out friends, I can’t wait to learn more about your story, but I also know it’s tough to open up and leave the pages of your heart exposed for the world to see. I struggle with this decision with the memoir I’m writing, Gift of Grace. But, I pray often and something I try and pay attention to.  If your gut is speaking to you, and you keep coming back to it, than go for it!
To me writing about the past is therapy. I have dug deep and discovered it has helped me close the door on things I was still beating myself up about. As far as opening a blog, I think at times social media can be a distraction from what is really important, but the very best perk for me is learning about others. Shared experiences and relatable moments, they help to bridge the gap between those who may feel lost, hurt, broken and others who were once in their shoes ready to encourage them as they cross over for a new beginning.
In my early to mid-20’s I thought I had my life figured out. I was a professional dancer after college and I wasn’t budging for anyone and as a result, relationships were damaged. What I am proudest of is that despite the heartache my late 20’s brought as a result, it had to happen. That’s the crazy thing about life. There are just some things that have to happen in order for God to get you where you need to be. For me I had lose everything in order to really appreciate what He had in store in my future.
Sophie is my saving grace. She is His miracle. Because of her I knew I would do everything in my power to keep our family together. Even if that meant going out of my comfort zone and moving to places I had never been so that she could be with her Mom and Dad. I have never looked back at that decision.  “Look how far we have come,’ is what usually crosses my mind. It also hasn’t been easy, but it’s the story God has chosen for me. I have grown as a mother, spouse and woman of faith because of this journey and that makes it worth it for me.
How can people follow you?
Thank you for spending a few minutes of your time to get to know me, I really appreciate it and I am excited to learn more about you as well!
xoxo,
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment