Friday, June 6, 2014

Mindful Friday...

Last night I sat down, while simultaneously sighing with exhaustion. I began reflecting on how I got to this point of utter fatigue.

I let my mind wander to our daily break down for this particular day. I remembered the shaving cream and food coloring experiment, the giggles, hugs and kisses, the plethora of books we read and re-read again, the unfortunate time-outs, coloring, our picnic on top of sleeping bags on the kitchen floor, a short lived cat nap, exploring outside, jumping in puddles, took a walk, to which we quickly turned around when Gia said she needed a tissue, but really she had bloody nose, we rested stopping the nose bleed while we watched Sophia The First and decided when Jake got home that because grocery day is tomorrow and simply I didn't feel like cooking, that we would venture out for dinner, and after dinner we ran a bath for the girls, time for pjs, made ice cream sundaes, we read more books, brushed teeth, sang songs, said prayers, xoxo and they were tucked in tight. Phew!

This is the precise time when sitting for me finally commenced.

But what I realized from all of this exhaustion is that right now at this point in our children's lives, they need us. Honestly, they need us for just about everything and although I have days like this where I am completely spent, I find myself, when the day slows down a bit, thinking about how it won't be like this forever. That's when Mom guilt sets in and I feel awful for complaining about my worn out self, when what I need to be doing is soaking up these precious moments while they last.

I mean, does it get any cuter than this?



No comments:

Post a Comment