Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday's Peek Into My Memoir...

In the hustle and bustle of LAX airport, I found a little hideaway in a corner next to the window near my gate.  I placed my green tea and snack neatly next to me along with my carry on, hoping to find my appetite before boarding. 
Enclosed in my suitcase was the beloved white dress that at one time made me feel hopeful.  Concluding the weekend the dress was crumpled into a ball, which resembled me as I looked over to the window and saw my reflection, sitting on the dirty floor curled up in the fetal position with my head resting on my knees.  I observed myself further as I looked frail from having lost nearly five pounds over the course of this whirlwind of a weekend.  I wished that with the pounds that disappeared from my body that also the disappointment, worry and sadness would have dissipated just as easily, but that was not the case.  In fact, they were the very cause for my new slightly more slender stature.  
While I sat feeling cold, alone and helpless, I chose to remain there on the floor in isolation, until the dreadful moment when I had to board the plane, leaving the past behind me, in order to salvage my life in the present.


“Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship will likely be your darkest days.”  Rick Warren – Purpose Driven Life

Writing on my closet floor, but not without an essential piece sure to further inspire me...chocolate! 



No comments:

Post a Comment