Friday, May 23, 2014

Nostalgic Friday...

After today Sophie will be considered a Kindergartener. Excuse me while I wipe my drippy, tear filled eyes.  Don't get me wrong, I know she is capable and ready, but let's be candid here, I just don't want to let her go.

So what am I afraid of? Well I'll tell you. The morals, beliefs and actions impressed upon children at this age usually stick good or bad.  This is a huge developing moment for them, body, mind and soul.  I take comfort knowing that although we have sheltered her in some aspects, she has innocence and a pure heart. What will she see, hear and bring her to learn about this crazy world we live in? How will she adapt after discovering these unknown things? I pray that she holds strong to the person that she has developed into, even if she is only 5. She has taught so much already and I hope she will lead others and not follow.

I'm so proud of this little human life that was given to me and I couldn't be more honored to call her my daughter.

Ok enough with the seriousness now! When I asked her what she was most looking forward to on her last day she said, "Wearing my new dress!" That's my girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment