Thursday, April 29, 2010

1 week from today...destination Jamaica!

It still hasn't hit me that in 1 week from today we will be Jamaica bound! I am so excited to step off the plane into warm weather, white sands and the relaxing feeling that comes along with vacation.

But before I get ahead of myself, there is a lot more to a vacation now that we travel with our sweet baby girl. Gone are the days of picking out magazines at the airport and sipping on a festive drink! Now there is definitely more prep involved. Here are a few things we usually do to make the trip go as smoothly as possible:

*New toys(great at target in the $1 section)
*Snacks galore(even if they aren't the healthiest)!
*Portable DVD Player(she doesn't like the head phones much, but we are def. bringing it)
*Her baby and nana(we almost never leave home without them)
*Paper and crayons

One thing I like to do is bring out one thing at a time and drag each toy, snack, etc. out as long as possible!

This traveling experience will be the longest we have had via car, plane and bus! We are driving 8 hours to MN on Weds. and staying over night and heading to the airport at 4am to make our 6:30am flight!!! An early morning for all, but I am hoping she is sleepy and naps on the plane. Next we have a lay over in Miami. I think that will be ok, by then a little stretch will be good for her. We land in Jamaica in 2:40pm and let the festivities begin! Oh wait, we do have to catch a bus that takes us to the resort, but by then we will be pros at the whole traveling business and just be happy to be there! In Jamaica everything is "NO PROBLEM" oh if we could all live by that motto!

Sophie loved trying on shoes for the big day! Those will be perfect with her dress, which arrived on Monday with a week or so to spare...whew! She thought she would try on my shorts to see if they looked ok on her and this morning I painted her toes for the first time!
She looks like a beach beauty to me!

2 comments:

  1. AHH!!! How is it even possible that your wedding is already a week away?!!! You guys are going to have such an amazing time. I can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back! Sounds like you are pretty prepared for miss Sophie. You girls are traveling experts...I am sure she will do great :-) I will give you a call in the next day or so to wish you well. Talk to you soon Bride!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait.....ahhh it's so soon!!!!! Sounds like you're all set to go.....we can't wait to see all of you and celebrate your amazing day! PS... LOVE the pics...and LOVE her little toes =)

    xoxoxo,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete