Sunday, April 11, 2010

Healthy snacks...

I thought I would share a few of my favorite healthy snacks. This is great for breakfast too! All you need is Vanilla low fat yogurt, almonds slivers(or chopped), craisens, and apple slices. You can use different variations of this depending on what you have too. I have used grapes, raisins, walnuts, and bananas too. Delicious and nutritious!!

Another one of my favorites is veggie pizza. You need reduced fat crossiants, reduced fat cream cheese, 1 dill packet, and what ever veggies you choose. We usually use broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower with a little shredded cheese on top.

Almost every weekend I make mini quiche in our muffin pan. You whisk together the eggs or egg whites with salt and pepper, in a separate bowl have turkey sausage chopped, onions and peppers(I cook onions and peppers and then add the sausage in frying pan. Then spoon the egg mixture into each individual muffin cups about half full, next use about a spoonful of the sausage mixture(I usually add colby jack cheese to mixture too)until cups are full. Pop in the oven at 350 for about 10 min or so, you can tell when they are done just keep a close watch.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I'm definitely going to use some of those snack ideas and going to have to make the mini quiches too, sounds SO yummy!

    Thanks! Love ya

    ReplyDelete