Thursday, April 15, 2010

Deployment downer...

With our wedding just 3 weeks away I can't help but be reminded that Jake's deployment is just weeks following. I try my best to enjoy the time we have together now, but I daydream about what it is going to be like when he is deployed. I look so forward to him coming home every night and Sophie does too. She runs to the stairs when the garage door opens to greet him. I am so blessed to have such a great family that will help to fill the void. We are hoping to come home for a good part of the summer and possibly visit Jake before Sophie's 2nd birthday(she can fly free).

We had a meeting on base last week about their deployment. I know what Jake does for a living is very important, but it definitely put things in perspective listening to his commander talk very seriously about their mission. It gave me chills thinking that this fun loving, wonderful man I am about to marry, plays a such huge part in protecting our country.
I'm so proud of you babe.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a sweet post! I know it's going to be very hard for you guys, but it'll also make you all stronger than EVER before =) & I know it's not the same, but we'll all be here for you and Soph!

    I agree, so very proud of your brave-awesome pilot!!!

    Love ya,
    Sissy

    ReplyDelete